Trauma Sensitive Yoga – One to One Sessions
“The guiding principle of recovery is restoring a sense of power and control to the survivor”
Yoga for survivors of trauma who would like to experience and learn the healing practice of yoga in a safe environment with a qualified trauma sensitive yoga facilitator who is also a UKCP & BACP registered Psychotherapist.
The therapist provides a safe place where people can begin to reconnect with their bodies. Over time clients learn to be present and begin to experience the effects of taking positive action and making choices.
This gentle yoga is designed specifically for those who are already in counselling, psychotherapy, EMDR or those in close contact with their GP.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga is a proven treatment for survivors of trauma and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) offering effective healing and symptom reduction. It is a clinically validated method of yoga developed and researched by Bessel van der Kolk at his Trauma Centre in the US.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga has foundations in Trauma Theory, Attachment Theory, Neuroscience and Hatha Yoga practice with an emphasis on mind body connection, movement and breathing.
What is a Trauma Sensitive Yoga Session?
An opportunity to take a gentle yoga session with a trauma sensitive yoga facilitator who is:
- Informed about PTSD, triggers, flashbacks, dissociation & overwhelming emotions
- Aware you may need to step out or change any practice at any time
- Aware of the safety, pace and personal space needs of trauma survivors
- Able to provide you with contact details of qualified trauma therapists
During sessions feeling safe is very important as regular yoga classes can often feel very unsafe however in a Trauma Sensitive Yoga session…
- No yoga experience is necessary and the session can be on a yoga mat or chair
- There is no touch or adjustments made in the session
- You are welcome to bring somebody along with you to take part in the yoga session
- Wear comfortable clothes that you will feel relaxed in, nothing tight or revealing
- Instructions are warm and invitational
- Yoga mats and chairs are provided
What a Trauma Sensitive Yoga Session is not
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga sessions are not therapy
- You will not be asked to share or process any trauma history or memories
50 minutes one to one session £55.00
Booking and Cancellation
Full payment for your first session will be taken in advance, at the time of booking (The Agency Fee)
As our appointments are in high demand, we require at least 48 hours notice to cancel your appointment.
Where 48 hours or more notice has been given, your session fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee of £15.00.
Where less than 48 hours notice is given, the session will be charged in full and there will be no refund
For information about our Cancellation Policy please click here