Jesmond Therapy Centre offers a CPD Programme aimed at Counsellors, Psychotherapists, CBT Therapists and other Mental Health Professionals in the North East of England. Our aim is to provide topical, high quality, relevant and affordable CPD Training in a welcoming and friendly environment.
We ran our first CPD Training Programme in 2010 and have continued to develop and grow over the last 7 years into one of the leading providers of training in Newcastle and surrounding areas.
Feedback on our courses is positive and the satisfaction of our delegates is very important to us. We constantly evaluate our feedback which we also use to help develop future training events. Our current programme is varied and comprehensive and offers a range of new subjects to enable therapists and practitioners the opportunity to gain new knowledge and skills. Please see below for recent feedback on some of our training courses:
Information on Training at Jesmond Therapy Centre
- Most courses run for a full day, offering 6 hours of CPD, however we also run longer courses and programmes offering up to 24 hours of CPD.
- Our trainers are all experts in their field and are all practicing therapists. Please view information on our Trainers here.
- Training takes place within our air conditioned building, where we also have a number of break out rooms available.
- We provide a relaxed and informal environment where participants have the opportunity to ask questions of our trainers to maximise their individual learning.
- An individually signed Certificate is presented for each course.
- Beverages are provided during morning and afternoon breaks and there are plenty of local shops and cafes in Jesmond where you can purchase lunch or you are welcome to bring your lunch with you and have it here in the Centre
- Whilst based in Jesmond, on the outskirts of Newcastle Upon Tyne, our delegates travel from throughout the UK. Our training venue is easily accessible from Newcastle Central Rail Station and is situated within a few minutes walk of 2 Metro Stations (Jesmond and West Jesmond). There is also ample free street parking right outside the Centre.
Feedback from recent courses:
Cognitive Interweaves in EMDR with Joany Spierings – Saturday 10th March 2018:
On Saturday 10 March 2018, Jesmond Therapy Centre hosted its Cognitive Interweaves in EMDR seminar, presented by the widely known Dr Joany Spierings who travelled across from the Netherlands to present the 1-day seminar in Newcastle upon Tyne, on behalf of Jesmond Therapy Centre.
The workshop brought together a large number of delegates from across the UK, with over 45 EMDR practitioners and consultants in attendance.
The event was held at the four-star Crowne Plaza Hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne, which is ideally located in the city centre, close to all transport links and only a stone’s throw away from the railway station. The Crowne Plaza Hotel also has excellent car parking facilities. A buffet lunch was provided including tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day.
We had a fantastic day and we have shared a range of pictures and feedback from the delegates.
Here’s what the delegates had to say about Cognitive Interweaves in EMDR:
“Fantastic, exciting, emotional, moving, passionate and knowledgeable”
“Extremely useful and very thought provoking and freeing”
“Best presentation I have seen to date – excellent!”
“I always learn so much from Joany!”
“Packed full of resources – thank you!”
“Very interesting. Always feels like watching a performance whilst learning. Time flies and disappointed when it finishes!”
“I loved it! It met every expectation and Joany is a wonderful practitioner”
“Engaging, challenging and charismatic”
“Great, completely holds my interest and inspires me!”
“Joany’s delivery was above expectations and her practical presentation fitted with my way of working. Really enjoyed the day – Many thanks”
By popular demand, Jesmond Therapy Centre will be welcoming back Dr Joany Spierings to the UK on Saturday 19th May at the Crowne Plaza Hotel to present ‘EMDR and Complicated Mourning’ at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. If you would like to book onto this course, please contact us on 0191 281 2167 or click here to book online.