NEW – An Introduction To Using Mindfulness When Working with Young People Aged 14-25
This interactive workshop is aimed at introducing therapists and counsellors in working with mindfulness in children, adolescents and young people aged between 14 - 25 years old.
Early Booking Offer – Pay only £85.50 by entering code ‘SCHOOL10’ at checkout (expires 4th March 2019)
Over the last few years, Mindfulness in schools has gained both popularity and academic support as a significant tool which may enhance student resilience, lower anxiety and depression, foster healthier pro social behaviour and achieving better exam results [see link 1 below]
In this workshop, you will be exploring how you might approach working with Mindfulness in an educational context, both as an adjunct to our therapeutic work and as a standalone programme.
We will explore:
- What is mindfulness?
- How best might we deploy it?
- Making changes or sowing seeds?
- What are the practicalities around this?
- What does the school’s context demand?
- What qualifications/experience do I need?
- What use can I make of compassion in the classroom, and how and why?
- What contraindications might there be?
In addition, we will be working experientially with Mindfulness practices, such as:
- Our wandering mind
- Body scan
- The self-compassion break
- How the brain works-introduction to fight and light (known as Gilbert’s Three Circles)
- The three-minute breathing space
For more information:
Please note, this workshop does not qualify you to work with mindfulness in a school; the ethical and effective training for this is more detailed and thorough, in accordance with the Good Practice Guidelines of the UK Mindfulness Network (see link 2 below). A further training pathway that qualifies you will be outlined in the workshop.
This workshop is facilitated by Graeme Armstrong and provides 6 CPD points.
Please note, our training room is on the first floor and is accessed by stairs. If you have any special requirements, or if you need to advise us of anything before booking or attending the training, then please contact us.