NEW – Understanding Attachment Styles: Yours and Your Clients -FULLY BOOKED
Understanding attachment styles and their impact to help clients create more satisfying and fulfilling relationships in adulthood.
This course is now fully subscribed
If you are interested in attending this next course the next time we run it, please click here be added to our waiting list
Every one of us carries the impact of early childhood relationships with us into adult life. Clients often experience recurring patterns of relating and, if not understood and processed, this can cause distressing and unsatisfactory relationships.
For us as therapists, understanding attachment styles and the impact of those can help us help our clients work through those early childhood experiences to create more satisfying and fulfilling relationships in adulthood, and negotiate difficult and distressing life events more fluently.
This workshop will cover:
- The history of attachment theory, starting from it’s earliest days
- More recent insight attachment theory can give us
- Understanding and identifying different attachment styles in your clients and yourself
- Explore how these attachment styles impact on the therapeutic relationship
- How different presenting issues may be experienced differently as a result of different attachment styles
- How insight into attachment styles can allow clients to build new ways of relating
Understanding attachment styles can give us a powerful new tool in working with clients, whatever modality we come from.
This workshop is facilitated by Ali West and provides 6 CPD points.
Please note, our training room is on the first floor and is accessed by stairs. If you have any special requirements, or if you need to advise us of anything before booking or attending the training, then please contact us.