Paul is a CBT therapist who works with adults.
He is also a Mental Health Nurse and Therapist, registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and is presently employed within the NHS as a Nurse Consultant in mental health services. He has worked with people experiencing mental health problems of all varieties, within various mental health settings including inpatient hospitals, community mental health teams, and specialist services.
Paul qualified as an NMC registered nurse in 2008. He undertook further training in CBT and was awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in 2015. In addition to providing CBT to his patients in his Nursing role, he provides private CBT therapy to clients at Jesmond Therapy Centre.
As a CBT therapist, Paul can help you recognise inaccurate or negative thinking so you can view challenging situations you may face more clearly and respond to them in a more effective way. CBT can help in treating depression, anxiety, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), OCD and phobias. It can also benefit those who wish to manage stressful life situations and address emotional challenges such as coping with grief or loss, coping with a medical illness, resolving relationship conflicts and overcoming trauma related to abuse or violence.
Paul has also undertaken additional study in Mindfulness, Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and is currently working towards becoming an accredited EFT practitioner. Paul is also an accredited Coach and Mentor with The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), which can also be made available to clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) Nursing Studies – Mental Health
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Recovery and Psychosis in Complex Mental Health
- Master of Science Degree (MSc) – Healthcare Leadership (Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Award)
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM 5 ) Coach and Mentor
- S.N.H.S Mindfulness Diploma
- The British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapist (BABCP)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques International (EFTi)
- The International College of Holistic Medicine (ICHM)