Lisa is an Affiliate Therapist who works with families, couples and individuals.
Although Lisa works from her private practice in Morpeth, she maintains professional links with Jesmond Therapy Centre as an affiliate therapist. Occasionally, we may suggest therapy with Lisa outside of our Centre, when we may not be able to deliver the therapy services she provides in-house either due to availability or to the nature of the therapy you need.
Lisa is a highly experienced Systemic Family Psychotherapist working with families, couples, individuals, and young people in a variety of settings, from charitable organisations, local authorities, and NHS for nearly 20 years. She qualified from Leeds University with a Master of Science Degree and provides exceptional treatment in her private practice. Lisa feels passionately that all family members are given support to help them express emotions safely, communicate calmly and make the changes they want in their life and relationships.
Lisa helps people to better understand each other’s needs and develop healthy strategies to resolve problems. Family therapy is sensitive to family cultures and beliefs, and respectful of the needs of everyone within the family.
The most common problems she works with are family and couple conflict, divorce and separation, parent-child difficulties, illness or death of a loved one. As well as childhood trauma, ADHD, addictions, depression, fostering, adoption and kinship care needs, and other conditions that may be having a damaging effect on family life. This makes family therapy useful for times of crisis and long-standing problems that are stressful on the family groups.
I am a Registered Member of UKCP and adhere to their ethical frameworks and hold an enhanced DBS.
- Master of Science Degree in Family and Systemic Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Family & Systemic Psychotherapy
- Essential Supervision Skills (BPS certificate in clinical supervision)
- Low intensity therapy supervision training programme
- CPD working with complex trauma and nightmares.
- Working systemically with sexual relationships and issues of sexuality.
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Principles and Applications (IAPT extended training)
- Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Family Intervention training in family Programmes; Triple-P, Strengthening Families and Mellow Parenting.
- Certificate in adult education training
- Certificate in Counselling Skill