Individual Counsellor (Adults)
Kate is an Individual Counsellor and a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). She has more than 25 years’ experience working with adults.
Kate is an experienced therapist who has worked in a wide range of settings as a counsellor and in managing services. Her previous therapeutic experience, which is nearing 3 decades includes working at NHS GP services, Relate, drug & alcohol services, refugee & disability agencies & as a coach.
In her private practice at Jesmond Therapy Centre, Kate works with an integrated style and a solution focused approach tailored to her clients requirements. She aims to offer therapy to her clients which should bring the positive changes/insights they are looking for.
Her counselling style comes from studying many models which have influenced her work in an integrative way. Recent influences have been in the field of neuroscience. Confidentiality and positive regard are paramount to Kate’s client/counsellor relationship.
Kate works with a wide range of issues including depression, stress, post-traumatic stress (PTSD), self-esteem, life transitions, codependency, sexuality, sexual or gender issues, addiction, bereavement, trauma, separation, divorce, miscarriage, abortion and relationship issues.
Kate is also interested in therapeutic management styles & has coached companies both in the UK and California where she lived previously.
As life work balance is of key interest, Kate’s love of nature and the arts influences her therapy practice. She has studied Vedic art, energy work, creative writing and is a keen music lover. She also practices mindfulness & meditation.
- MA Counselling Psychology, Durham University (1997)
- Basic skills in counselling: City & Guilds of London (1992)
- Central School of Counselling – Certificate in Skills & Theory (1995)
- Central School of Counselling and Therapy – UK Diploma in Counselling (1997)
- Northumbria University UK – Higher Education Cert in Psychology, Historical Studies & English literature (1993)
- Diploma in the Neuro linguistic Programming – The International NLP Trainers Association (2001)
- The Florida Alcohol Drug Abuse Association – Brief Intervention Therapy Certification (2002)
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)