Covid 19 policy
Attending Your First Appointment at Jesmond Therapy Centre
Jesmond Therapy Centre has implemented measures throughout the Centre to minimise risk of transmission or exposure to the virus by following the advice of Public Health England and the UK Government. The below outlines what you can expect and what is expected of you before and during your attendance at the Centre for your first face-to-face appointment. These guidelines are in place to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff here at Jesmond Therapy Centre
For full details of what to expect when attending for your first appointment and what is expected from visitors attending Jesmond Therapy Centre, please read below:
If you develop a fever, loss of taste or smell, flu like symptoms or a new, persistent cough, please cancel your appointment with us. If you are living with any person with Covid-19 or displaying the above symptoms, and awaiting test results, please cancel your appointment. If you have any of these symptoms please call the Centre immediately and through personal judgement, please seek advice by dialling 111. If you cancel your first therapy appointment due to Covid-19, we will re-arrange the first therapy appointment for you, which you can attend when you are symptom free. For all future sessions after your first appointment, your therapist’s cancellation policy will be discussed/given to you at your first therapy session.
- Please do not attend the Centre more than five minutes prior to your appointment time, but please attend on time as your appointment will not run over time as the time between clients is specifically designated for cleaning and to provide time between you leaving and the next client arriving.
- Your therapist will advise you of the process to follow for all future appointments after you attend the Centre for the first time. In most instances, for returning clients, your therapist will meet you at the front door, upon notification by you of your arrival. Please confirm these arrangements directly with your therapist at the first session.
- Please attend your appointment alone, unless you are attending for Couple or Family therapy. Where this is not possible due to travel to and from the Centre then please ask whoever is attending with you to wait in the car or outside the Centre
- Client seating has been adapted, and the table and chairs in therapy rooms now observe a 2m distance where possible. Please observe these distancing measures during your visit to the Centre.
- We ask all clients, where possible, to be mindful of the government’s stated social distancing measures whilst in the Centre reception and the communal areas of the Centre.
- Reception staff will be protected by a Perspex barrier allowing them to interact with clients whilst minimising risk of transmission
- In order to maintain social distancing, fewer appointments will be carried out at any one time.
- Please do not attend the Centre without a pre-booked appointment.
- As a client you must use the provided hand sanitizer to disinfect hands on entrance to the Centre and on departure from the building.
- You will be required to wear a mask when you attend for your appointment. A mask must be worn on arrival and in communal areas. We encourage the use of face masks and visors during therapy sessions for your safety, except in the case of medical or health exceptions. Please check with your therapist for further details.
- All unnecessary equipment has been removed from the Centre to minimise risk of transmission from contact with contaminated surfaces.
- Please be mindful of unnecessary contact of surfaces during your visit to the Centre
- Tissues, foot operated bins and hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser will be provided in the Centre. In the event of a cough or sneeze please follow the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ guidance by disposing of your tissue in the bin provided and sanitising/washing your hands immediately.
- The therapists will adhere to a stringent hand sanitising routine and, therefore, may not be wearing gloves for your appointment.
- We will be unable to provide you with refreshments, but you are welcome to bring your own hot or cold drinks with you.
- If you require a personal chaperone, they must also follow hygiene and social distancing procedures and must also consent to contact tracing in order to attend. However, where possible, we request that you attend your appointment alone.
- If you or a chaperone test positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of your attendance at the Centre you must notify us as soon as possible so that we are able to trace and advise all those who may have been affected.
- In order to attend, you and your chaperone (if applicable) will be asked to consent to contact from ourselves via a telephone number that you have provided prior to your attendance at the Centre. This means that, in the event that you may have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, we can inform you and provide you with guidance on the next steps.
Infection Control Measures:
- Our Centre is thoroughly cleaned by our professional cleaning contractors
- Our staff are regularly using disinfectant spray and wipes throughout the day on communal areas and surfaces, door handles etc.
- We will always strive to provide alcohol hand sanitizer for communal use
- All staff will disinfect workstations between users including computer keyboards, telephone receivers etc
- Please make use of our hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities as often as you wish or require.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment or have any queries in relation to this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 281 2167.