Jesmond Therapy Centre offers a CPD Programme aimed at Counsellors, Psychotherapists, CBT Therapists and other Mental Health Professionals in the North East of England. Our aim is to provide topical, high quality, relevant and affordable CPD Training in a welcoming and friendly environment.
We ran our first CPD Training Programme in 2010 and have continued to develop and grow over the last 7 years into one of the leading providers of training in Newcastle and surrounding areas.
Feedback on our courses is positive and the satisfaction of our delegates is very important to us. We constantly evaluate our feedback which we also use to help develop future training events. Our current programme is varied and comprehensive and offers a range of new subjects to enable therapists and practitioners the opportunity to gain new knowledge and skills. Please see below for recent feedback on some of our training courses:
Information on Training at Jesmond Therapy Centre
- Most courses run for a full day, offering 6 hours of CPD, however we also run longer courses and programmes offering up to 24 hours of CPD.
- Our trainers are all experts in their field and are all practicing therapists. Please view information on our Trainers here.
- Training takes place within our air conditioned building, where we also have a number of break out rooms available.
- We provide a relaxed and informal environment where participants have the opportunity to ask questions of our trainers to maximise their individual learning.
- An individually signed Certificate is presented for each course.
- Beverages are provided during morning and afternoon breaks and there are plenty of local shops and cafes in Jesmond where you can purchase lunch or you are welcome to bring your lunch with you and have it here in the Centre
- Whilst based in Jesmond, on the outskirts of Newcastle Upon Tyne, our delegates travel from throughout the UK. Our training venue is easily accessible from Newcastle Central Rail Station and is situated within a few minutes walk of 2 Metro Stations (Jesmond and West Jesmond). There is also ample free street parking right outside the Centre.
Feedback from recent courses:
Troubleshooting in EMDR with Joany Spierings – Saturday 8th April 2017
“Without a shadow of a doubt the recent EMDR Troubleshooting workshop with Joany Spierings was the MOST worthwhile, informative and enjoyable learning experience I have ever attended. I’ll say at this juncture I generally enjoy all workshops regardless of trainer or subject!!. This one however surpassed every expectation.
Being part of Joany’s day is like attending an arena tour with Peter Kay – she is engaging, beyond funny, utterly real and so empathic. She captured the audience from second one and did not let go till the very last second, if she’d said we’re going to carry on till midnight I reckon we’d have all agreed.
I’d recommend anyone and everyone experiencing Joany Spierings… yeah, that’s it ‘just go experience her’. Not one single penny will ever be wasted – she is absolute gold dust, wrapped in a warm and homely Dutch blanket, coupled with a sharp and acerbic wit, topped with years of experience and knowledge.”
“I thought the workshop was a great day, Joany made it interesting and entertaining. I came away from the day feeling I had so many new techniques I could use in my client work and gained so much knowledge listening to Joany’s experience. The workshop not only helped me in my EMDR work but my therapeutic work as a whole.”
“This workshop was enthralling, it held my attention for the full 7 plus hours. Dr Spierings is an authentic and active practitioner. Her teaching was brought to life with recent clinical examples, practical advice and exercises that she encouraged us to consider for our next clinic. She was fun; I don’t think I have laughed so much in a workshop while at the same time she managed to touch and stay with some very difficult material.
Her workshop was developed and emerged from her 40 years plus experience of working with complex presentations of trauma. She refreshingly chose to share her mistakes and dead ends in therapy, reminding us of the tough job we sometimes undertake, normalising our mistakes and beginning to accept them as central learning moments in therapy.”
To be kept informed of future training events, please subscribe to our mailing list by contacting us here.