The Mindful Therapy Programme™ 2018 – 4 day course
A programme unique to the North East of England, delivered over 2 weekends (in March and April 2018) which seeks to integrate the practice of mindfulness with evidence based therapeutic approaches.
Early Booking Offer – Pay only £360.00 (Discount of £40.00) by entering code MTP10 at checkout. Offer expires 3rd January 2018
The Mindful Therapy Programme ™ is a 4 day experientially led training programme delivered over 2 weekends. It is a programme unique to the North East of England, and will be seeking to integrate the practice of mindfulness with evidence based therapeutic approaches to individuals and couples.
Mindfulness can be described as the practice of being present with the immediate experience of our lives in a kindly way, and may be cultivated through the self-regulation of attention on immediate experience, underpinned by attitudes of acceptance, curiosity, insight and equanimity. Central to the practice is investigating secondary suffering; what happens emotionally, psychologically, neurologically and spiritually after we experience the primary pain of hurt, loss or trauma.
During this programme we will be exploring ways of:
- Creating and maintaining a regular mindfulness practice
- Enhancing therapist self care and decreasing therapist burnout
- Increasing positive outcome in our work with clients
- Integrating mindfulness and compassion into therapeutic interventions and the therapeutic hour
- Exploring why and how we lost the embodied sense of us, and how to reconnect with this
- How each course member, from their own modality, can create and deliver their own Mindfulness Based Intervention.
- Using mindfulness and compassion based practices to “get to the core” of clients issues
- Assessing the suitability and use of mindfulness based interventions with clients
The cost of the programme includes access to a vast range of papers/links specific to the social, philosophical and scientific investigation, research and practice of mindfulness.
Unique to the Mindful Therapy Programme ™ is a staged progression through the core aspects of mindfulness: mindfulness meditation as the foundation of the work, compassion as the motivation and ‘outcome’ and somatic inquiry and insight from the mindfulness perspective. Module 4 integrates the previous three.
We can also offer payments by 4 x monthly instalments of £100.00. Please note that the Early Booking Discount does not apply for payments by instalments and all instalments must be made by 24th December 2017. To pay by instalments, please contact us directly to book on 0191 2812167.
The modules are:
Module 1 – Saturday 3rd March 2018:
Don’t just do something, sit there! – An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Course intentions, creating a home practice
- Our mind as the “imp of the perverse” and how to settle the mind
- The body as a place to stay present
- Joh Kabat-Zinn and mindfulness based interventions
- Mindfulness metaphors to use with clients
- Mindfulness based interventions for clients
Module 2 – Sunday 4th March 2018
Why zebras don’t get ulcers – An Introduction to Compassion
- What is compassion? – An evolutionary approach
- Case Studies
- The work of Kristine Neff and Paul Gilbert in self compassion
- Accepting ourselves as a “compassionate mess”, the flowering of kindness
- Primary and secondary suffering, getting to the core of client suffering
- Interpersonal mindfulness and compassion
Module 3 – Saturday 21st April 2018
Somatic inquiry and embodied insight
- How we came to split cognitions from emotions and an embodied sense of us, and how to reconnect with our felt sense of us
- The work of Reggie Ray and Jill Bolte Taylor
- Further practices in somatic inquiry, getting back into the body
- Mindful inquiry practice
Module 4 – Sunday 22nd April 2018
Bringing it all back home – Integrating the Previous Three Modules
- Participant lead practice
- Your mindfulness based intervention
- The work of Iain McGilchrist in Right brain/left brain thinking
- Tara Brach’s RAIN practice as the practice in a nutshell
- Using a mindfulness based 6 session treatment path in time limited practice
- Continuing professional development
Some feedback from delegates on previous programmes:
I’ve taken many ideas and skills away which I will continue to practice
This has been so helpful for me-and my clients
I’ve learnt a lot about this subject-and myself- from coming on this course
I have found all of it powerful and interesting
Very useful for me and my clients
I want more, but this has given me the ability to sit with what I’ve already got
I loved the group experience and being able to create my own interventions
Great course – great facilitation
Please note, our training room is on the first floor and is accessed by stairs. If you have any special requirements, or if you need to advise us of anything before booking or attending the training, then please contact us.