Cognitive Interweaves in EMDR Therapy with Joany Spierings
We are delighted to welcome Dr Joany Spierings back to Newcastle Upon Tyne to deliver 2 new workshops on behalf of Jesmond Therapy Centre.
Early Booking Offer of 15% discount
Pay only £119 (Discount of £21) by entering code Inter at checkout.
Offer expires 10th January 2018
Dr Joany Spierings returns to the North East by popular demand following her recent visit to deliver a one day Masterclass on Troubleshooting in EMDR in Newcastle Upon Tyne in April 2017. This is one of two new workshops for EMDR Practitioners and Consultants which promises to deliver a high degree of theoretically founded information delivered in an insightful and engaging way.
Interweaves in EMDR Therapy
Working with severely damaged clients, we can hardly expect EMDR-processing to go smoothly by itself. ‘Just staying out of the way’ is not enough to help these clients process their traumatic material.
A more active approach is called for to bring trauma resolution. In EMDR this type of intervening is called ‘(cognitive) interweaving’.
The therapist may need to intervene on the process level with process interweaves, in order to keep the client within his window of (affect) tolerance. Or the therapist has to intervene on the content level with content interweaves, when the client gets stuck in a specific problem, is unable to solve with the information he has available. Interweaves to get round resistance, and interweaves to bring reconciliation and forgiveness.
Participants will learn:
- To understand why and when to use interweaves in the EMDR process, and how to recognize and evaluate blocking and looping.
- To identify the essential information the client needs to have access to, in order to resume adaptive information processing.
- The difference between ‘Process Interweaves’ (to keep the adaptive information process going / to keep the client within the window of tolerance ) and ‘Content Interweaves’ (to help the client solve a specific problem / to access essential information).
- A range of process interweaves, to modulate client arousal, e.g. hyperarousal, dissociative reactions.
- A range of content interweaves, e.g. to help resolve problems of guilt, shame, self-worth.
6 EMDR UK and Ireland CPD Points (Applied For) / 6 hours CPD.
This training event will take place at the new Crowne Plaza Hotel in central Newcastle upon Tyne, close to the railway station. This modern and stylish hotel has excellent conference facilities and car parking nearby. Refreshments and snacks will be provided through the day together with a buffet lunch.
Preferential Bed and Breakfast rates available for Jesmond Therapy Centre delegates. Rates are fully flexible and can be cancelled up to 4 pm on day of arrival:
Friday 9th March 2018 – £118
Saturday 10th March 2018 – £118
Please click the following link, to access rates: JTC Rate – 9th&10th March 2018 A card number will be required at the time of booking for guarantee purposes only.